Monday 31 October 2011

[Scans|Trans] CNBLUE Talks about Music and Their Ideal Movie Date in TV Taro


CNBLUE is a highly regarded orthodox band for their multiple music numbers and the competent live performances by twin guitars & vocals. They name various musicians who affected them in their music lives, from Eric Clapton and John Mayer to Backstreet Boys, GreeeeN and flumpool. This October, they made the long-awaited Japan major debut.

――As it contains three songs including the title track that YongHwa composed, please tell us what each song is all about.
JongHyun: “‘In My Head’ has a meaning to introduce us again.”
JungShin: “The lyrics have our feelings that we want to tell.”
YongHwa: “Since we brought a passion into each track, I want the listeners to pay attention to both of the melody and the lyrics.”
JongHyun: “The second song ‘Mr.KIA’ was composed and written by YongHwa. We put in it our rebirth and mind never to forget to be humble.”
MinHyuk: “The third song ‘Rain of Blessing’ is a ballad tune composed by JongHyun.”
JongHyun: “It’s like an ending of a film, a number that is to end with receiving rain of blessing. Perhaps you’ll feel a story nature if you listen to all of the three songs in order.”

――At Yokohama Arena, you performed live overwhelmingly.
YongHwa: “At our live concert held in Korea just before the Yokohama concert (BLUESTORM in Seoul), we played with live strings. But, since it was the last indie concert, we wanted to stand on the stage by ourselves.”
JongHyun: “Yes, that was the concept. Especially, I was deeply moved at the last song ‘a.ri.ga.tou’ because all of us sang it.”
YongHwa: “I was really pleased that JungShin and MinHyuk sang it.”
JongHyun: “MinHyuk sang the whole song alone at the live concert in Korea.” (Star – Heartstrings OST)
MinHyuk: “I always take back chorus to help YongHwa and JongHyun, but trying to sing properly, I couldn’t take vocal well… (Embarrassed)
JungShin: “It’s hard to sing while playing drums.”
MinHyuk: “Yes, it was fun though my vocal wasn’t perfect.”
JongHyun: “JungShin, you can sing more and more from now on, too.”
JungShin: “I have no desire for vocal (laugh), so I concentrate on playing the bass.”

――I suppose you are very busy, when do you write songs?
JongHyun: “In my case, I don’t consider it as work. I do song-writing as a part of my life, like a hobby. Sometimes films and dramas inspire me to write. And as for playing my guitar, songs come in mind spontaneously. Unless I play my guitar every day, I can hardly grow.”
YongHwa: “I write songs after work every day, too. I compose melody and arrange it at the same time on my computer.”
JongHyun: “Maybe that’s why YongHwa’s songs are experimental and have fresh feelings. But most of my songs are basic. Also, I think about performing it at live concert first, while YongHwa makes a study on the song and has priority over fun of arrangement. This difference between us may be the character of our music.”

――How is your future direction as a band? Is there any change after major debut?
JungShin: “There’s no change that we value our fans and enjoy ourselves at the live performances.”
JongHyun: “Yes, I felt that we were able to make this arena live concert not only by ourselves but also with the audience, we made it together. I’d like to do flexibly and have fun with everyone without deciding our style or colour.”
YongHwa: “Now, I’m thinking of a song that will surprise everyone, but I wonder if it is acceptable…”
MinHyuk: “It is nice that our fans would play and enjoy our music together, but I want to value fans’ voice, too…”
YongHwa: “But I think our fans understand my thoughts and songs, so we won’t need to worry at all (laugh).


Which do you prefer?
Q1: Shine or Rain
Q2: The Rolling Stones or the Beatles
Q3: If you see a movie on your date, love comedy or action movie?

LEE JONG HYUN
A1: Shine. I don’t really like strong sunshine, but it’s better than raining. But I often write songs about rain (laugh).
A2: Difficult! The Beatles as the music, and the Stones in the meaning that I want to continue long-term like them.
A3: Love comedy. But it’s up to her.

JUNG YONG HWA
A1: Rain. I like the sound of rain, too. When it’s raining, I become sentimental and feel like writing songs.
A2: The Stones. The album that Mick Jagger released recently is great!
A3: To be honest, I want to ask her to see a horror film, but if I had to choose one, it’s love comedy. But I won’t see the one that the hero is good-looking (laugh).

LEE JUNG SHIN
A1: Shine. Because when the weather’s fine, I feel good.
A2: The Beatles. I have loved their songs since I was a child. But I prefer the Stones as a band style. It’s the same as JongHyun (laugh).
A3: Love comedy. We’re on date, aren’t we? As for action film, I go with male friends.

KANG MIN HYUK
A1: Rain. I like watching something falling from the sky, so I like snow as well. I also like being under trees on a fine day.
A2: Although I like both, I choose the Beatles. Their image is nice.
A3: Love comedy, because I think it’s better to see a comedy and laugh on a date.

Scans by: @CNBurningHARU
Translated by: T @ cnbluestorm
Edited by: CNBLove+fizzy @ cnbluestorm

No comments:

Post a Comment